Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Atlantic City Food & Wine Festival

Based on how many food-related posts are on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, Pinterest, etc. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only woman (or man) in the world who gets genuinely excited by food...the taste, the smell, the presentation...all of that genuinely moves me.

So when a food and wine fest comes to town...in this case a town I can get to in an hour...well, like a hot stove, I get really fired up.  The Atlantic City Food Fest is one of the best in the nation...now in it's 6th year it's even bigger and better...they've got it down to a Science - the science of great food and great guests.  Special guests this year include Chef Robert Irvine, The Neelys (Pat & Gina), Rocco Dispirito and Wine Expert Laurie Forster.  Oh, there's lots more...to many to list but all available on the website (link provided below).

If I could learn to cook from anyone in the world, Chef Irvine would be in my top 5 choices (along with Jose Garces, Mark Vetri, Rocco Dispirito and Jamie Oliver).  After I tasted Chef Irvine's sweet potato mash, I was certain I would never eat anything that tasted better!  Like most incredible, well-respected Chef's he's got the gift!

And what goes so well with sweet potato?  Yep, you guessed it Neely's bbq'd anything, pork, chicken, you name it, when it's cooked with all the flavors these two bring, you simply want that smell to live in your nostrils.

I could go on and on and on about great dining experiences, being lucky enough to have tasted wines that will change your life...but what I recommend always is first-hand experience...and you can get that and a whole lot more at the upcoming Atlantic City Food & Wine Festival.  Life is short folks, make it flavorful and satisfying.

Deets:  http://www.caesars.com/acfoodandwine/details.html#page=home

No comments:

Post a Comment